Clean Sunbrella® Sling
One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella Sling fabrics looking good and to delay the need for deep cleaning is to rinse regularly with clear water to help prevent dirt from becoming deeply embedded in the fabric. Simply brush away loose dirt, rinse, and clean with a mild, lukewarm soapy solution. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air-dry.
Try this next... With a new spill or stain on your Sunbrella Sling fabric.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Prepare a solution of 1⁄4 cup mild soap (Dawn or Woolite) per gallon of luke warm water.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue and allow fabric to air dry.
- Repeat as necessary.
For all mold and mildew stains...
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances if not removed from the fabric. To remove mold and mildew:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and 1⁄4 cup mild soap per gallon of water.
- Spray on entire area and allow the solution to sit for 15 minutes. Continue to spray area if it begins to dry too quickly.
- Clean entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry. For severe mold/mildew growth, bleach quantities may be increased.
It is best to clean the entire surface area of the fabric to avoid water rings and stains. For information on cleaning other popular stains, see our Cleaning Guide.